I tried to install gnuplotpy-1.7.p3, but failed.
In failing, sage told me to contact this group and include the
relevant portion of install.log.
I tried emailing the install.log file and the terminal output, but
Google Groups wouldn't let my message pass:

We're writing to let you know that the group that you tried to contact
(sage-devel) either doesn't exist, or you don't have permission to
post to it.

Please be sure to include 'gnuplotpy' somewhere in the message so it
will trigger my Google Alert (hopefully); thie group moves too fast
for me to follow the whole thing.