On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:32 AM, William Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Bill Page wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to propose a new item in the
>>
>>  File ...
>>
>> drop-down box.  One thing that has always bugged me is having to
>> Rename a worksheet before clicking Save.  I have also seen it stump a
>> few first time users of the Notebook. How about a
>>
>>  Save As ...
>>
>> option that prompts you with a pop-up for a name in the same way as
>> 'Rename worksheet' and then does a Save.
>
> Sure, I like that idea a lot.

Great. It is a common idiom on most gui systems that I use.

> Also, would you like it so that when you create a new worksheet
> it immediately always by default pops up the "rename" window?

No, I don't think so. It might be a little awkward to have to specify
a new name every time you just want to try something simple. A default
of "untitled" is fine - at least until you want to save it. If a
worksheet is still named "untitled" then perhaps the system should not
just blindly save it with that pseudo-title when you click 'Save' but
rather automatically pop-up the rename box and invite the user to
change it before saving.

Regards,
Bill Page.