On Sep 30, 11:07 am, lutusp <lut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I find I cannot make more than one of a certain kind of assume
> statement:
>
> sage: assume(a,'real')
> sage: assume(b,'real')
>
> If I do, I get an error message:
>
> AttributeError: 'GenericDeclaration' object has no attribute
> 'variables'

It's comparing your second assumption with the first one, presumably
to make sure it doesn't conflict (?) ... but it is strange that it is
talking about an attribute variables, since the attribute _var is
being called, and b is real has that.

The problem is in symbolic/expression.pyx, where __nonzero__ tries to
find the variable of  "a is real" - but it only has a _var, not
variables like "t>0", which is a symbolic expression.

This issue is being tracked at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7084

- kcrisman