On Oct 2, 11:06 pm, Tom Boothby <tomas.boot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:05 AM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is fixed in some trac ticket.  Hang on a second... #5556. Go
> > ahead and review the patch!
>
> Nope, that doesn't do the job.  Do you want to fix it on that ticket
> or should I make another?

Yeah, I remembered that this morning and realized that was only for
the negative integer case.  Go ahead and open a different ticket,
since the solution is probably different.  However, I think the
underlying problem is still the same - that CDF gamma (via Pari,
right?) is not as robust as one would like for real input.  What
happens if you try to compute 1000! directly via Pari?  I assume it
can handle that...

- kcrisman