On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Peter <peter.jip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks to the pointer to Pre3d it is now possible to do shaded
> surfaces (and lines and curves) on canvas in JavaScript. The
> performance is not quite like jmol, but it is far better than I would
> have expected (especially with Chrome), and it has the advantage of
> working on the iPhone (and perhaps Android

Oh my god!!  This

  http://sage.chapman.edu:8001/home/pub/5/

is amazing.  I had no idea this was possible.  WOW.   We have to get
this into sage ASAP.  I think with some more work this should someday
be the default (!), given how much trouble people have showing 3d jmol
plots with sage -- I ran several workshops this summer, and 3d plots
were by far the flakiest part of each workshop.

Many thanks for working on this!

William

--
William Stein