For those interested I've completed some more testing...
1) The example included in the .zip archive works on Linux (Ubuntu)
with Firefox.
2) Windows XP SP3 + IE7/8 seems to break most pages that include
javascript.  I cannot get this example to work with that combination
and many of my old pages which worked in windows XP with IE7 before I
updated to SP3 are now broken as well.  I think Microsoft now has some
serious problems with standards compliance.  Or do I just have a
broken Windows XP installation?

Jonathan
On Oct 3, 2009, at 8:01 PM, William Stein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got this from a Jmol dev.  I've posted his zip archive
> (mentioned below) here:
>
>   http://wstein.org/home/wstein/patches/limited%20Live%20Example.zip
>
> William

                          Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
Chemistry Department                                 gu...@uwosh.edu
UW-Oshkosh                                           Office:920-424-1326
800 Algoma Boulevard                                 FAX:920-424-2042
Oshkosh, WI 54901
                  http://www.uwosh.edu/facstaff/gutow