Hi!

combinat.sagemath.org is back online

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 04:20:16PM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> I've restarted that virtual machine and now
> http://combinat.sagemath.org displays a message.  However, how is this
> supported to work?  I tried searching for combinato server and get:
>
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/combinat/Mercurial#TheSage-combinatpatchserver.3Aadvanceddescriptionandinstructions
>
> which talks about the old server on sage.math.    Anyway, whoever
> maintains combinat.sagemath should login to mod.math.washington.edu,
> then type "ssh combinat".

Done. Thanks for restarting the virtual machine!

Apparently, the problem was that apache was run on startup, which
prevented lighthttpd to start. I `mv S91apache2 K91apache2` in
/etc/rc2.d, and this fixed the problem.

The few instructions we have are currently in the ~combinat/NOTES file
of the machine. Is there a more standard place? (putting them *in* the
virtual machine is not the most clever if it's offline :-) )

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/