Hi Tim!

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 02:39:15PM +0200, Nicolas Thiéry wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 04:04:28AM -0400, Tim Daly wrote:
> > Do you have the inheritance graph of the categories?
>
> Almost :-) The category primer currently suggests:
>
>     sage: GradedHopfAlgebrasWithBasis(QQ).category_graph().plot()
>
> which gives a reasonable approximation. However some categories are
> missing, and the layout of the plot is ugly (we definitely need a good
> graph layout engine for acyclic graphs; that's on its way using
> graphviz dot2tex, but not quite ready).
>
> Having such a graph have been on my todo list from the beginning.
> I'll try to hack something shortly and post a pdf.

I finally got there!

With Sage 4.1.1, all sage-combinat patches applied, graphviz
installed, and the experimental dot2tex.spkg (pfff) one can now do:

        sage: G = sage.categories.category.category_graph().reverse()
        sage: G.set_latex_options(format="dot2tex")
        sage: view(G, tightpage = True, pdflatex=True)

Which produces the following:

http://sagetrac.org/sage_trac/raw-attachment/wiki/CategoriesRoadMap/sage-category-graph.pdf

                                Nicolas
--