On Oct 12, 2009, at 8:27 PM, William Stein wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Nick Alexander
> <ncalexan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps collapsible headings (so "TESTS" was automatically
>>> collapsed)
>>
>> +1
>>

> To summarize all these great ideas:
>
>   1. In the notebook, we do some sort of post processing (?) to the
> output of Sphinx to add in Javascript to make a collapsible TESTS
> section

+1

>   2. The TESTS section is never shown in Ipython introspection?  Or
> always shown?

ipython introspection is usually handled by something like less, so
because they're at the bottom they never get in the way until the user
scrolls all the way down.

>   3. Somebody goes through all TESTS sections in all of Sage and
> makes a judgment calls to move some things out of TESTS, because
> evidently the author of some tests in TESTS didn't understand what
> "TESTS" means.
>
>   4.  What happens in Emacs sage-mode?
>

> Is 3 not needed because of 1 and 2?

I think so.

I only put things in TESTS if it's clearly uninteresting to the end
user, but something we want to guard against. If someone wants to
volunteer to do this, that would be great, but I think there's higher
priorities (e.g. adding documentation and examples to functions that
don't have any/many). Of course, if I see something amiss when I'm
editing relevant code I'll just fix it there.

- Robert