Hello, I was going to use sagenb.org today to verify a plot for my
math homework, but I kept getting segmentation faults for some odd
(and rather scary) reason. I made a mistake and used "typeof" instead
of "type" and got

typeof((1, 2, 3))
///
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "_sage_input_5.py", line 4, in <module>
    _sage_const_3 = Integer(3); _sage_const_2 = Integer(2);
_sage_const_1 = Integer(1)
NameError: name 'Integer' is not defined

Then I tried "type?" and got a segmentation fault, which does not
appear in the log. Trying again gave me the same segfault. Also, I
became unable to evaluate 1 + 1:

1 + 1
///
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "_sage_input_2.py", line 6, in <module>
    _sage_const_1 = Integer(1)
NameError: name 'Integer' is not defined

I logged out and then logged back in, same issue with segfaulting and
names being undefined. Just now (a few hours later) I logged in, but
could not reproduce the error. However, when I try to plot the 3D
parametric function I was going to plot earlier, I get a less verbose
segfault, but one that does show up in the log.

a = 1
b = 0
c = 0

f = lambda t: ((a*c*cos(t) - b*sin(t))/sqrt(a^2+b^2), (b*c*cos(t) +
a*sin(t))/sqrt(a^2+b^2), cos(t)*sqrt(a^2+b^2))
t = Tachyon(camera_center=(0,0,0))
t.texture('t')
t.light((-20,-20,40), 0.2, (1,1,1))
t.parametric_plot(f,0,2*pi,'t',min_depth=6)

t.show()
///
Segmentation fault

Anyone have any ideas what's going on? I really have to finish my
homework for math 334 but maybe tomorrow I can try to isolate whatever
is causing one or both of the segfaults.

Elliott Brossard