Hi all,
I just would like to raise your attention to tools that could help
improving the translation process.

How is it now managed? By using trac directly?

I'd like to point out Transifex:
http://www.transifex.net/

( http://transifex.org/browser/README )
8       Transifex is a highly scalable localization platform with a focus on
9       integrating well with the existing workflow of both translators and
developers.
10
11      It aims in making it dead-simple for content providers to receive
quality
12      translations from big translation communities, no matter where the
project
13      is hosted.

19      Goals
20      -----
21
22      * Provide an interface for translators to submit translations to
multiple
23        projects, regardless of the type of the underlying VCS
24
25      * Reduce the overhead a project maintainer usually undertakes to
administrate
26        accounts for translators
27
28      * Help translators do more by eliminating the need to subscribe to
each VCS and
29        learn its commands and tricks
30
31      * Encourage collaboration between developers and maintainers and
thus, increase
32        the language coverage of the participant projects

It is python based, highly open-source and collaboration oriented, and
supports different version control systems (including Mercurial), with
the aim of making translation process effective and transparent.

I'm not at all expert in this field, so I don't know if there are
better tools out there, but maybe providing a service like this could
improve the translation process a lot.

Think about that

Regards

Maurizio