ma...@mendelu.cz schrieb:

> On 17 říj, 21:17, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hm, probably this is the only available way how to solve inequalities
>>> and at least the wrapper should be written.
>>> I can try it, but not within these 14 days.
>>>
>> Wow, that's awesome.  You should definitely try two weeks from now!!
>>

> Despite my previous posts, I am working on this, hope to finish within
> two weeks :)
>
> * I foud a bug (and a solution how to fix) in solve_rat_ineq -- I will
> report it in Maxima forum as soon as possible
> * the maxima expression x#0  (x is not equal 0) has no meaning in
> Sage. If the answer from Maxima contains x#0 and  this answer is in
> variable sol, then
> sage: sol.sage()
> fails. I have no idea how and where could fix it. Can somebody add
> this feature to Sage? Thanks.

The actual parser for maxima expression is in the file: sage/misc/parser.pyx

But the string that is send to the parser is first preprocessed  in the
function
symbolic_expression_from_maxima_string() in the file
sage/calculus/calculus.py

It is probably enough to put something like:

s = s.replace('#', '!=')

somewhere into this function. At least if '#' can not have an other
meaning in Maxima.

Wilfried