Hello all,

I wondered for longer time, why I got error which nobody reported (see
the bottom of this message).

Now I found the explanation: I have ~/.maxima/maxima-init.lisp file
with the following line:

:lisp(setf (get '%sin 'tex) nil)

The reason for this file is to get "sin(x)" instead of "sin x" when
exporting sine function from Maxima to TeX.

This file caused the error in tests. Removing this file solves the
problem.

So my question is: Is it O.K. to use user's own (or system's) maxima-
init.lisp file in Sage? The user may have some nonstadard settings in
this file, which could cause unexpected behavior of Sage.

Or will we suppose that only experienced users have maxima-init.lisp
file and they should know what they are doing?

Robert Marik

[ma...@um-bc107 /opt/sage-4.2]$ ./sage -t  "devel/sage/sage/interfaces/
maxima.py"
sage -t  "devel/sage/sage/interfaces/maxima.py"
File "/opt/sage-4.2/devel/sage/sage/interfaces/maxima.py", line 383:
    sage: latex(maxima('sin(u) + sinh(v^2)'))
Expected:
    \sinh v^2+\sin u
Got:
    \sinh v^2+\sin \left(u\right)