> Yes, definitely.  The preqreq script would be changed to require
> gfortran on *all* platforms except OS X, since Fortran isn't included
> in Xcode so is a pain to require there.
>
> William

Hi William,
I just skipped over the Mac OS X "tools" page from the R project:

http://r.research.att.com/tools/

and I from what I read there, I agree that we should continue to ship
the fortran.spkg with the Sage versions for Mac OS X. Apart from that,
I am "+1" to removing the fortran.spkg, and rely on a Fortran compiler
as an "external" dependency, just as currently with the C/C++ compiler
to be used.

Cheers,
Georg