On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 04:06:01PM +1100, Alex Ghitza wrote:

> In fact, the reason this is bothering me right now is that I'm writing
> code for working with free groups on sets, and I end up with something
> like
>
> sage: G.<a, b, c> = FreeGroup()
> sage: G
> Free Group on the Set {a, c, b}
> sage: b

And another example, where I (would like to) follow the example of the
constructor for multivariate polynomials:

    sage: FreeGroup('x', 10)
Expected:
    Free Group on the Set {x0, x1, x2, x3, x4, x5, x6, x7, x8, x9}
Got:
    Free Group on the Set {x8, x9, x2, x3, x0, x1, x6, x7, x4, x5}

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne
-- Australia -- http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~aghitza/