A small group is preparing a National Science Foundation education
grant proposal to investigate how to make it easier for faculty to
adopt and integrate mathematics software into undergraduate
mathematics courses.  Of course, we think Sage is a great vehicle for
this.  We will propose creating a variety of curricular materials
revolving around Sage and typical undergraduate topics, and also
improvements to Sage itself that will directly address classroom needs
at the undergraduate level.  If funded, we anticipate having stipends
and small grants for others in the Sage community to participate in
the project.

We are especially interested in individuals and institutions without
much prior use of Sage that would be interested in commiting to trying
out new materials in their courses, participating in evaluations with
their students, and providing comprehensive reports on their
experiences.  A real plus would be physical proximity to one of the
members of the grant group (listed below).  We also hope to achieve a
real mix of institutions represented:  public/private, big/small, 4-
year/two-year, selective/open-enrollment, etc.  Stipends would be
available to compensate for your involvement, and technical support
might also be available.

If you are interested please consider sending a short expression of
interest.   Or maybe you have a colleague at your institution who does
not read the Sage lists, or know of a colleague at another
institution, and you can alert them to the possibility.  Send replies
to Rob Beezer at <bee...@ups.edu>, or post general questions here on
the list.  We will follow up with those where it seems the match is
good for the purposes of the grant.  Of course, all of this is subject
to eventually having the project funded.

Rob Beezer, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
Jason Grout, Drake University, Des Moines, IA
Tom Judson, Stephen Austin Sate University, Nagodoches, TX
William Stein, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Kiran Kedlaya, UC San Diego (Fall 2010), San Diego, CA