On Nov 19, 2009, at 7:02 PM, Aivo Jürgenson wrote:

> On Nov 19, 6:30 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a test, can you guys try putting the file
>>
>>          http://wstein.org/home/wstein/tmp/fontList.cache
>>
>> in your $HOME/.matplotlib directory?
>
> The command line still fails
>
> sage: plot(sin(x),0,4)
> /Applications/sage/local/bin/sage-sage: line 203: 22376 Abort
> trap              sage-ipython "$@" -i
>
> but in the browser notebook, the plot(sin(x),0,4) command doesn't give
> any output and the console doesn't log anything bad either.

Sorry, I was too hasty to report that. It seems that with cold sage startup,
therefore the error message also took time to appear.

Actually, the plot(sin(x),0,4) command doesn't give any output on the browser
notebook and in the console, the same error message is logged:

2009-11-28 13:06:36+0200 [HTTPChannel,11,127.0.0.1] got EOF subprocess must
have crashed...

The Python crash report is also generated with the similar backtrace, so the
fontList.cache didn't really help.

Aivo Jürgenson