William said a week or so ago

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/msg/b4cf0f10ed040d5d?hl=en

that "I think in sage-4.3 on, we should *only* include fortran compilers for
OS X, and *nothing* else."

If that is the case, a new package will be needed that removes the other
binaries. I looked to do this, but its quite a complex spkg-install, which
William is listed as the maintainer of. I created a ticket to remove those
other
binaries.

I also noticed that lapack ignores whatever the environment variable
SAGE_FORTRAN is set to, and uses 'sage_fortran' as a Fortran compiler. That
appears to be gfortran.

I've created a ticket which reports that lapack is using 'sage_fortran' and
ignoring SAGE_FORTRAN

The fact lapack uses sage_fortran is set by a patch in Sage to the lapack code,
and does not need reporting upstream.

Dave