Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>> I'm not so sure prereq is the right place.
>>
>> For a start, one could potentially want to use the scripts in
>> 'prereq' to test
>> for a specific compiler. But more to the point, if you look at
>> prereq, it really
>> does not have anything like this. It could be added to the tar file,
>> but it
>> would be quite easy to make a mistake in updating that tar file, as
>> you would
>> need to copy the files first to $SAGE_LOCAL/bin, then create the
>> tarfile.
>>
>> In contrast, putting them in spkg/base seems less problematic to me.
>
> I could see putting this in spkg/base, but if there are many more
> things like this, then it might make more sense to have a new
> bootstrap spkg, or at least directory.

I don't see myself creating more like this, so I think creating a new directory
would not be necessary.

> It seems like spkg/base should
> be as sparse and simple as possible.

Fair enough.

> BTW, what is stdint.h_Solaris9 doing in that directory?

No idea - it is not something I added.

I know there is one bit in Sage, which does copy some sort of header file for
Solaris 9 only. But since Sage is supported only on Solaris 10 and later, it
seems a bit pointless.

Whilst I think it would be a good idea to get Sage to build with Solaris >=8,
I'd personally rather sort out the issues that exist *properly*, rather than
adding bits of header file.

As such, I would suggest this is removed.

> - Robert

Thank you Robert.

Do the following seem ok to you (or anyone else for that matter)?

1) Add testcc.sh and testcxx.sh to spkg/base

2) Remove spkg/base stdint.h_Solaris9

3) Add to spkg/install the code to copy spkg/base/testcc.sh and
spkg/base/testcxx.sh to $SAGE_LOCAL/bin - pretty trivial addition to a
pre-existing 'cp' command.

4) Add to spkg/install the portable version of the code I have for computing
seconds since the Epoch? (It just happens to need to go into the same file as
the code for copying testcc.sh and testcxx.sh).

Dave