Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
Robert Miller wrote:
It does look like "descent_two_isogeny" is what it is failing to
compile, but I really can't help without more information. Is there a
way to get gcc to print out why it's failing?

It occurs to me that this depends on ratpoints, which has some issues
compiling with earlier versions of gcc. What version are you using?

GCC 4.2.1 on a SPARC is showing a slightly more helpful error message. See

Dave

This will come as no great surprise, since the setups are not very different (same gcc version, though different versions of the SPARC processor), but this failed on my own Sun Blade 2000 too. So it seems Fedora Linux and Solaris 10 on SPARC are affected by this.

However, there is something a bit odd. In the post Nathann Cohen on his Fedora system, we can see that the final compile line ends in a '-w' which is supposed to suppress all warnings (much to my annoyance). The same '-w' is seen on 't2', which has a SPARC processor.

For reasons unknown, the '-w' option is *not* included on my build on the Sun Blade 2000, so the warnings are displayed.

Why an option to suppress warnings is seed on Fedora and one SPARC machine, but not on the build of another SPARC machine is anyones guess!

Dave