William Stein wrote:
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
Please read if you intend to edit any shell scripts, such as spkg-install.

Which is just another reason why I personally never ever use "set -e"...

William

Well, failing to do so does give the problem that if something fails, the build continues.

Personally I think exiting with no useful error message is better than continuing, despite a failure. That results in package appearing to be successfully installed, when they are not.

Obviously, having a useful error message is even better, but it gets a bit tedious to put a check on every single command.