>>> Why is that too many? I like being able to type g.<tab> and see every
>>> single
>>> method that is available. If one is interested in trees,
>>> g.tree<tab>[<tab>]
>>> gives a smaller subset. Or read the documentation.

I'm +.9 on this, because I do have one caveat: most of the sage
objects with half a million methods have little in the way of naming
conventions. So the three related methods you're looking for on an
object could be called self.pari_foo, self.foo_using_pari, and
self._construct_a_foo_from_self_via_pari. This isn't the end of the
world, and the self.*foo* business helps a lot, but it would be nice
to try instituting *some* naming conventions, at least on several of
these objects (elliptic curves, graphs, matrices, and number fields
come to mind). Maybe that's a topic for another thread?

-cc