2010/1/16 Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> A spammer using the wiki username KristyMontero recently deleted
> everything on the development wiki page [1]. In its place, the spammer
> placed a link to an external site. To see the effect of the spammer's
> work, go to the development wiki page and click on the "Info" link.
> That should allow you to view all revisions to that page. I have
> reverted that page to the latest revision before the spam content.
>
> While (manually) reverting spam content is easy, I'm more concerned
> about how to actually remove the spammer's wiki account. In the
> meantime, I'll investigate how to do so. But if anyone can help me
> out, that'd be great.
>

> [1] http://wiki.sagemath.org/devel
>
> --
> Regards
> Minh Van Nguyen

Would it be better to manually create Wiki accounts on demand, rather
than let anyone create their own? Create them only when someone when
you are confident the person is a serious Sage user.

One one could ask a non-obvious question rather than "what is the name
of the maths software using python". How about "What is the 10th Word
in README.txt ? Then, to get the information, someone has to download
250 MB of source code. I suspect most spammers would not bother with
that.

I don't know how to delete an account - I assume an admin could do
that, and it be documented somewhere. But if they can create a new
account easily, deleting their old one will not achieve much.

Dave