It somehow escaped my attention until recently that Fluid (a site specific
browser that I use a lot) was open sourced at under the Apache license
<http://github.com/itod/fluidium>.  I have hacked together a quick demo of what
is possible using a site specific browser.  Currently there are many problems
with it, the largest of which is that there is no way to look at the output of
the sage server.   i.e. be patient when it start up.  I think it should be
fairly easy to write a plugin that starts up the sage server and optionally
show you the output in a much nicer way that I have done here.

I have uploaded an spkg (maybe not the best way to package it, but...) to
http://math.byu.edu/~gvol/files/fluidium-app.spkg

There are many little things that would also have to be fixed, but I'm not sure
if this avenue is worth pursuing.  How happy are people with the solution that
we have now?  Do we want to pursue something better (i.e. more specific to
sage) as has been discussed recently?

Hopefully everything will build okay (OS X can be a pain sometimes).

I accidentally did not include the plugins in the build process.  You should be
able to edit spkg-install and change "-target Fluidium" to "-target
Fluidium+PlugIns" but I don't want to create and upload a new spkg on my
semi-slow internet connection.  The plugins are not essential in any case,
though they might be interesting to see what is possible.

-Ivan