On 2 Feb., 21:26, Michael Yurko <myu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've recently been building an extension module using both cython and numpy.
> It works fine with my system-wide install of python with numpy and cython as
> well as my install of sage. However, when I try to run it from sage on a
> system that doesn't have a system wide install of cython and numpy, it fails
> with:
> /home/myurko/.pyxbld/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/pyrex/numpy_test.c:144:31: error:
> numpy/arrayobject.h: No such file or
> directory
> /home/myurko/.pyxbld/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/pyrex/numpy_test.c:145:31: error:
> numpy/ufuncobject.h: No such file or directory
>
> and then pages of issues relating to the failure to include arrayobject.h
> and ufuncobect.h . This issue is simply illustrated by the two short
> files:http://modular.math.washington.edu/home/myurko/misc/npt_wrapper.pyandhttp://modular.math.washington.edu/home/myurko/misc/numpy_test.pyx.
>  Before
> I open a ticket, I just wanted to make sure that there already isn't one
> open, or there is not some other issue at play.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Yurko

Try adding the line (yes, it's a *comment*)

#cinclude $SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python/site-packages/numpy/core/include

to your *.pyx file. I don't remember right now where this stuff
(#cinclude, #clib, ...) for .pyx modules in conjunction with Sage is
documented. But it's not a bug, it's a feature ...

Cheers,
Georg