Harald Schilly wrote:
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 17:36, Dr. David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
yes, and i'll remove both 3.4.2 toolchain files, ok?
Yes, I think they are pretty useless.

I think that too, but I ask to be sure ;)
I'm also adding links to the two solaris wiki pages on the download
page on the mirrors. Consider it done!

Thank you.

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/installation/source.html

also needs updating, as it says

Solaris? FreeBSD? OS X 10.5 in 64 bit mode?: Complete compilation of Sage is currently not supported on Solaris or *BSD. It is possible to compile most of Sage on Solaris machines and to fill in the extra parts using standard packages; please email sage-devel if you desperately need to run Sage on Solaris. We do plan to fully support Solaris - it’s a very important platform. Work is ongoing.

It's clearly now possible to compile all of Sage on Solaris 10 on SPARC
hardware.

http://t2nb.math.washington.edu:8000

is testament to that.

I've built it on at least two of my own SPARCs, Minh has built it on 't2'. It's been built on the first release of Solaris 10, as well as the latest release.

I'd like to ask on comp.unix.solaris to get some others to try Sage, but I'm a bit reluctant to start posting links until the information is reasonably accurate, and the mirrors working. Otherwise it will negatively reflect on Sage. We have waited long enough for a Solaris port - a few more days will make no practical difference.

You may have seen my earlier post to Minh about the various issues on pages - some of which, like the Sage DVD, need removing from all web pages.

Dave