Hi all,

I'm very soon going to release mpmath 0.14. One of the most important
changes for Sage is a large speedup due to a faster backend (written in
Cython), to be located in sage.libs.mpmath. For the necessary additions to
sage.libs.mpmath, see this ticket:

Basically, I need help with testing and reviewing the Cython code. To test
it, you need to replace the mpmath installation in Sage with a svn trunk
checkout (http://code.google.com/p/mpmath/source/checkout), add the updated
sage.libs.mpmath and rebuild Sage. Then just import mpmath, run its unit
tests / doctests, and check that it works. I have only tested it on a 64-bit
Ubuntu system; there could very well be serious bugs that just haven't
showed up for me.

Help testing non-Sage mpmath on various platforms would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fredrik