On Feb 17, 2:57 pm, javier <vengor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Observe that in this situation the numbers I am trying to coerce into
> K are rational:

Apparently I was assuming too much. The result of the evaluation of
the character belongs to some cyclotomic field, so apparently the
problem is that there is not a coercion between cyclotomic fields and
QQbar. I can circumvent the problem by using CC rather than QQbar, but
I'd rather have exact coefficients. Are there any plans to implement
that coercion, or anybody has worked on it before?

Cheers