Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
Mike Hansen wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
There seems to be a lot of issues with _XOPEN_SOURCE and Solaris, see:

http://bugs.python.org/issue1759169

From this discussion, it seems that we should strip out

_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
_XOPEN_SOURCE
_POSIX_C_SOURCE

when building Python on Solaris.  In that discussion, there's a patch
to configure.in or a couple of Perl commands.  It seems like this
would be a good thing to try.

--Mike

I'll give that a try. Hopefully that will resolve the issue and the next release of python will not require this.

In the even this can't be resolved, I would request that the patch causing the problem is removed until such time as it can be fully resolved. It will probably take me some time to test all this, as I suspect it would be wise to do a complete rebuild, as so many things depend on python, it would be unwise to rebuild python without rebuilding the things that depend on it.

Dave

Mike. I applied those fixes, and they appear to have almost worked. pyprocessing-0.52.p0.spkg failed to build, but I note there is a ticket for the removal of that package, so that is not the end of the world.

There are a few other issues. I'll stick them on another thread.