Mike Hansen wrote:
Hello,

I've looked into it, and it's just and issue with the notebook
stripping the initial spaces in the output string.  For example, do

for i in range(4):
    print maxima(1-sin(x)^2)

and only the first output will be messed up.  I would try upgrading
the notebook to a newer version (since the one on t2 is old -- 0.4.8).
 This problem does not occur on sagenb, and I would be surprised if it
were platform-specific.

--Mike

Thank you. I should have tried it earlier, but when I look at it on my own machine, where Sage is based on 4.3.3, but has a ton of patches, the printing looks ok

http://redstart.drkirkby.co.uk:8000/home/pub/1/

(That machine is only 900 MHz, though should still be quicker than 't2' but with only 2 GB RAM, don't expect any miracles if you play with it)

As soon as we have a release which builds properly on Solaris, I'll update the Sage server on 't2'.

Dave