recommendations?

If I were to write it from scratch, my idea is to write at least

   - Non-deterministic and deterministic Finite Atomata classes: I've seen
   #4854 <http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/4854> from a message on
   this list and It also occurs to me that they could be built from a Graph.
   - Subset subconstruction algorithm (NFA -> DFA)
   - Direct conversion from regular expressions to DFA
   - Direct conversion from regular expressions to NFA (with different
   algorithms, which i don't know if it's appropiate: Thompson, Glushkov and
   I'd like to implement this one as well:
   http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=986537.986588)
   - State-minimizing algorithm for DFAs

I'm interested in LaTeX support as well, so I could think of embedding
Automatas drawn with TikZ/PGF, that of course, as a plus.

That is what I got on the top of my head, I'd appreciate if you can tell me
what do you think.

Regards,

Carlos López