On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for describing this better, it helps me to understand what the
> current _sig_on/_sig_off does.  Because of the licensing issues, I am
> not looking at the code in Sage until it has been officially re-licensed.
>  Once that has been done, I will dig into the code to see what it actually
> does.

Wow, you are serious about licensing. I don't think it would be a
problem for you t look at it --- everybody agreed to relicense
anyway...

>> PPS: this seems to be very "ingrained" with the sage inners for
>> library interfaces, and it's already in there, so it's hard to make a
>> list of reasons we want to use (e.g. issues we would have otherwise,
>> features we want it to support, etc). Since you are coming from a
>> different camp, maybe you can try to list your reasons -- what
>> problems do you think this would fix for you, and what enhancements
>> would this bring up. [ok, I know some reasons for sage, but I'm not
>> listing any to avoid biasing you... ]
>>

> I am not sure I am following what you are asking.  Can you elaborate on this
> question?

Sorry. I'll rephrase:

What are your reasons for needing this _sig_on/_sig_off stuff. What
problems do you have that you think this would fix for you, and what
enhancements you think this would this bring up.

It will be helpful to have the perspective of somebody outside of sage.

Gonzalo