Somebody wrote [1] a Reduce (cf. [2]) interface some time ago. If it
works properly one could try to load Bergmann [3] from it. That would
give access to plenty of Groebner basis, Hilbert series, Hochschild
cohomology and many other ring theoretical methods for big families of
noncommutative algebras. Since Bergmann is written in Lisp, maybe it
can also be loaded directly from ECL. I don't have any clue how
complicated interfacing Bergmann could get, though, but if we don't
have many noncommutative algebra stuff, it might be worth giving it a
shot.

Cheers

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/87e88893228aed59/a71d7372949fbfe2?lnk=gst&q=reduce#a71d7372949fbfe2