On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 at 09:37PM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> This is at least the 20th email I've seen over the years that starts
> "I'm trying to use a piecewise function, and it doesn't seem to work".

...and I was thinking, "there's been, what, 19 or so emails about
this, so surely these problems have been addressed by now and I'm
missing something..."

Piecewise() seems like it ought to be pretty simple and robust and work
perfectly well...but obviously it's not so simple to get right.

> Whoever rewrites Piecewise function (and abelian groups) will be a
> hero.

Agreed!

Dan

--