Hello,

A while back, there was a massive patch that removed all the tabs from
the Sage library. Unfortunately, they have been creeping back in, and
there are now quite a few files with tabs: try doing

      grep --perl-regexp '\t' --files-with-matches -r sage/*

from SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/.

Coordinating another big tab removal patch would be difficult, but I
think that we could at least change the "sage -merge" script so that it
rejects any patch that introduces tabs. (Unless, say, some kind of
--no-really-the-tabs-are-okay command line option is specified.) Does
this seem like a good idea?

(This is inspired by #3852, where I fixed up a bunch of tabs and
whitespace in symbolics/expression.pyx, and Burcin pointed out that such
a patch would mess up a bunch of other patches that affect that file.)

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake