On Thu, 6 May 2010 16:29:42 -0700, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. The *current* release series of GCC is 4.5.0.   The website you
> link to above lists GCC 4.4.4 as the "previous release series".

Moreover, some Linux distributions have upgraded to 4.5.0 (Arch Linux,
in particular), so that's now the default version of gcc on them.

> 2. The port of Sage to GCC-4.5.0 is complete.  All known issues have been
> fixed.

Indeed, sage-4.4.1 compiled and doctested fine on Arch Linux.  I was
very happy to *not* have to downgrade my gcc in order to get sage to
build.  (Thanks Willem, William, and anybody else who was involved in
this effort!)

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- http://aghitza.org/
Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne -- Australia