On 05/08/2010 03:42 AM, William Stein wrote:
On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Sergey Bochkanov
<sergey.bochka...@alglib.net>  wrote:
Hello, William

by  the  way,  what  do  you think about using in SAGE both double and
multiple precision versions of ALGLIB?

I  have  fully  functional  multiple precision version of ALGLIB which
relies  on  MPFR for floating point computations. It includes multiple
precision    linear   algebra,   solvers,   interpolation,   numerical
integration,   optimization,   FFT.   It   can   be   downloaded  from
http://www.alglib.net/translator/re/alglib-2.5.0.mpfr.zip

My first thought is that it would be *awesome* to have _efficient_
multiprecision linear algebra, etc., in Sage.
This is the sort of thing people expect from Sage, but are often
disappointed to find that we don't have.

Very cool.

Exactly my first thoughts! +1 on the idea of having good multiprecision linear algebra!

Thanks,

Jason