I have the honor of owning a CoreDuo MacMini, and iBook G4, and a
Core2Duo
MacBook Pro. All of these machines are in good health and produce very
adequate
performance. That said, to keep Sage current on all three machines I
need
OS10.4 32bit PowerPC G4, OS10.6 32bit CoreDuo, and OS10.6 64bit
Core2Duo
versions of Sage. Obsolete does not correspond to incapable. I would
like to point out
that the "least capable" of these machines the iBook G4 roughly
compares in floating
point performance to a Cray computer of the late 1980 variety.