jvkersch <joris.vankerscha...@gmail.com> writes:

> Last but not least, I noticed that there was some discussion on this
> mailing list on adding support for differential forms and exterior
> algebra using FriCAS and/or Reduce.

In case you are interested in using FriCAS to extend Sage, I'd be glad
to actively work on that (and thus, as a side effect, join sage).

I don't know what exactly you have in mind, so what follows is a rather
random list of related topics.

Already built into FriCAS are several domains for differential
polynomials etc.  Feel free to ask for details.

FriCAS has a rather elaborate implementation of the Risch algorithm, and
is thus quite good at solving linear differential equations.  Waldek
told me once he is working on improving support for algebraic
differential equations.

I have a private package for computing with algebraic equations as well
as linear differential and algebraic differential equations.  Many
interesting operations like addition, product, inverse, substitution,
etc. work, most embarassing omission is a zero test.

One other thing built into FriCAS which I'm quite proud of is the
guessing package, see http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0702086 .  This might
also be helpful for some applications in the area.

I'd be too glad,

Martin