On May 24, 9:11 pm, ablondin <alexandre.blondin.ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You're right ! It doesn't work with the view() function. On the other
> hand, when I select latex instead of sage and I enter the command
>
> \sage{A()}
>
> it displays 123 on the first line and 23 on the second line, with the
> 2's aligned properly, i.e. it handles the newlines and indentation as
> desired. That said, I guess it's not a clean solution...

Another not clean solution: typeset strings with

\begin{verbatim}
string
\end{verbatim}

and then put "\\begin{verbatim}" in the jsmath_avoid list.  This
results in inconsistent behavior: jsMath output appears in blue, while
LaTeX output appears in black.

Another option: use the \verb option for jsMath, but break the string
at newlines and typeset each line individually, inserting line breaks
explicitly in the html produced by the JSMath class in sage/misc/
latex.py.

--
John