Hello, SAGE developers!

I  have a question about C standard which SAGE packages should conform
to.  Is  it  C99?  Plain  ANSI  C?  "Modern ANSI C", i.e. ANSI C which
borrowed several features from C99?

I  am  working  on Python<=>ALGLIB interface with intention to make it
usable  from  SAGE.  It  is  Python  interface  to the pure C package,
created using CTYPES. I.e. C part of this interface is not C extension
to Python package, it is totally separate shared library which is used
through CTYPES foreign  function library.

Python-C  interface  generator  is  ready,  now  I  work  in automatic
generation  of  C code. One week, I think, and it will be ready. But I
can't decide what C standard to choose.

As  for  me,  I'd  like  to  use  ANSI C with several widely supported
features  from  C99 - inline functions, "//" comments, maybe something
else.  But this thing should be compiled for SAGE, so I don't know can
I use something beyond ANSI C or not.

There  is  no information on this subject at the SAGE Developer Guide,
so I am asking this question here.

--
With best regards,
 Sergey                          mailto:sergey.bochka...@alglib.net