I'm surprised you don't use patch.
Mercurial can generate patches.

François Bissey wrote:
On Jun 29, 4:13 pm, François Bissey <f.r.bis...@massey.ac.nz> wrote:
sage doesn't assume that the patch command is installed but rely on cp
being there. That's why patch aren't used.
I agree not ideal but that's a lowest common denominator issue.
Perhaps compare the md5sum of the original and bail if it's not the
expected number? Any time a file changes, the file we replace it with
in the spkg-install should probably change as well. Do our
prerequisites include some checksumming or hashing utility?
that's an interesting idea. On the linux side usually distro do checksums on packages so it has to be a part of the base system if you want to update.
It's probably the case on most other platform in one way or another.
That wouldn't have taken care of Dave's original problem in any case,
which was double copying the same file. Which I stupidly parroted in Gentoo.

Francois