Yes, I agree. I missed the point.

David Kirkby wrote:
On 1 July 2010 15:26, Tim Daly <d...@axiom-developer.org> wrote:
It is officially none of my business what you decide.
However, given that developers are the only people likely
to know how to create and post a diff-Naur patch file and
developers are likely able to install tools and 'patch' is
a well-known, widely used, and standard tool ...

does it make sense to have your own copy?

I think you may have missed the point Tim.

The aim is not to expand Sage so it can be a patching tool.

When a non-developer installs Sage, he/she patches a number of files
in Sage, though that is not apparent to him/her. A script will do this
for them. So *anyone* that builds Sage from source will be patching
probably 50 or more files already. Currently that is done by using
'cp', but I'd propose instead we use 'patch'.

Dave