On 07/10/10 07:41 PM, Jason Grout wrote:
On 7/10/10 6:04 AM, William Stein wrote:

Eventually, Sage will switch to Python 3.x.

Things are accelerating. On the numpy/scipy list from today:

We could accelerate them even more, by using the -3 flag, and identifying what bits of the Sage library will not work (warnings are issued). Gradually work over time to remove them, and ensure any added code does not contain warnings.

Currently, I suspect some new code added to the library will not be compatible - that seems an undesirable situation to let continue. It would be desirable to put an immediate stop to adding code incompatible with Python 3.

Dave