Hello,

I tried to install Sage on my VPS (OpenVS/Virtuoso-based). Some data
on arch:
* OS: Debian
* Default gcc target: i486-linux-gnu
* `uname -mpi`: i686 unknown unknown
* /proc/cpuinfo: 8 visible cores, each with:
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni
monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt
lahf_lm ida

MPIR fails to build with messages like:
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `mpn/.libs/
mul_2.o' is incompatible with i386 output
(lots of them)

Full log is at http://files.exroot.org/dump/.sage.log.txt

I am willing to spend some time debugging it, but I don't actually
know where to start.

Tomasz Melcer