On Jul 15, 2010 4:55pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, John H Palmieri jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 15, 6:34 am, Robert Miller r...@rlmiller.org> wrote:

>> PS --- Let's be sure to check "deps" to make sure that gfan has all

>> its dependencies, since we have recently jumbled that file around.

> The "deps" for gfan hasn't changed since 4.3.4.alpha1 (the oldest

> version I have on this computer).

This doesn't prove anything, unfortunately. For example with the

"fortran on OS X" issue we just fixed, the fortran deps line hadn't

changed, but by luck the problem hadn't happened before, since --

purely by luck -- fortran always get built after python.

That's not true. Usually on my system, fortran built well before python. However, since I have a working version of python on the system the lack of a python in Sage did not matter.

I think the build order will be alphabetical on serial builds, in the absence of stated dependencies - see my post on sage-devel. I suspect with a lot of new dependencies added recently, the build order is changing a lot.

Dave