2010/7/25 Jae <jae0young.p...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  After
> 1. copying the following to the directory sage-4.5.1/spkg/standard
>
> http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/patches/readline-6.1.spkg
>
> 2. Installing the system-wide readline-dev package for your linux
> distro.
>

>   sage compiles  successfully in Opensue 11.3.
>
> Thanks,

Glad you got it fixed. It would be interesting to know if Sage could
avoid these OpenSUSE issues by just shipping the latest readline.
Unfortunately, we don't know here if installing the later readline
from Sage, or installing the development libraries from OpenSUSE fixed
the problem. But at least it is working for you.

Dave