Hej David,

If you think that RAM exaustion is going to cause problems, why don't
you also add the recording of the memory useage in the doctesting (I
wouldn't now how to exactly do this but I guess you could use the
output of command line utilities such as top, vmstat/vm_stat or free).
If this would make the output of "sage -t" to long for the average
user/debugger you could always make a verbose and/or memory option to
the doctesting which could be used by running "sage -tv" or "sage -tm"
or or something alike.

I hope you find these ideas usefull.

Kind Rigards,
Maarten Derickx

PS. and Dutch saying which I got from my father says: "Meet 't en je
weet 't" wich translates to "Measure it and you know it". I think this
saying also applies in this situation ;).