Hello, Carl.

You wrote 3 августа 2010 г., 6:39:49:
> I've attached a patch to make alglib allow input in the following formats:
> * boolean vector/matrix: GF(2), RDF, numpy.bool, numpy.float64
> * integer vector/matrix: RDF, numpy.int32, numpy.float64
> * real: RDF, numpy.float64
> * complex: CDF, numpy.complex128
> This is entirely untested, except that the following examples (adapted
> from your "ALGLIB for Sage" page, and modified to use Sage or numpy
> types) work:

Thanks!

I  am working on modification of check.py (Python-ALGLIB communication
tests).  Currently  it tries to pass Python lists between Python(Sage)
and  ALGLIB.  I  want  to make it use Python lists, numpy arrays, Sage
vectors/matrices (each function will be tested with all these types).

It  should  autodetect  types of all variables, so you will be able to
rewrite    *_vector_from_x/*_matrix_from_x   one   by   one   (rewrite
bool_vector_from_x, launch unit test, rewrite next function).

I'll release new test suite tomorrow.

> But this raises another API question... should bool_matrix_from_x
> return a matrix over GF(2) or over RDF?

Hmmm...  I  prefer  GF(2),  but I think that it in most part is just a
matter of taste :)

--
With best regards,
 Sergey                          mailto:sergey.bochka...@alglib.net