On 08/ 7/10 03:37 PM, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:

From my experience, by far the most efficient way of writing cross-platform
code is being "reasonably" aware of the relevant standards, and then simply fix
any remaining issues as they pop up.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I greatly appreciate how much work
you're doing on making sage and its various components more cross-platform. I
know it's very hard work, and often frustrating, but I wish you would try to be
a little bit less judgemental about standards compliance.

Who are you quoting?

It was not me that said anything about "reasonably" aware of relevant standards!

I would have thought the most efficient way was to be aware of current standards and test the code on at least two compilers - ideally on two different systems.

BTW, SunStudio is a free download on Linux.

Dave